Thursday, July 7, 2011

cricket

Ever notice how the "uncomfortable silences" are portrayed on cartoons? There is a scene with a crowd of people, and it is silent except for the cricket in the distance and somebody coughs. That was the response to my paintings at the fundraiser auction.*


I know....I know.....


My reserve bid was much too high. It was actually rather amusing. When the auctioneer stated my opening bid, I heard someone laugh--as in, "Yeah right. Who in their right mind would ever pay.....?"
I learned that small town art auctions are different from large city art auctions.


Perhaps I should rediscover the  miniature. Expand and try my hand at smaller (a.k.a. 'more affordable') art pieces. Suddenly my mind swells with images of grand and wonderful small things ranging from kitch to oh-how-interesting to oh-that's-lovely.

*see previous post

No comments: