Tuesday, May 29, 2012

the beat goes on...

I've been busy. Too busy, it seems to keep this blog updated. Ah well...better late than not at all.

I have plans for a project requiring hardcover books that I intend to alter. The libraries in Calgary offer used hardcover books for a mere 50 cents each so I greedily grabbed what I could from one near my home. My only considerations for these books were the dimensions and thickness. Subject matter didn't matter, as little would be recognizable once I was through with these books.

Well, Sweetie-Pie-Love-of-My-Life and I were about to embark on an R & R holiday, so I decided to take these books along to read--why waste a good book?
And what a coincidence! The main character in each book I had read had some connection to the arts! One was an art historian, another an art therapist. One involved a playwrite and actors. A most interesting one involved a woman who had fallen in love with a psychopathic, murderous artist who was confined in an asylum owned her psychiatrist husband.

It's a sign.

I'm too surrounded by art to give it up.

No comments: