Sunday, October 18, 2009

time for change

NOTE!!!! I wanted to change my blog name. Apparently, the only way to do that is to open a whole new blog. What was once Coffeepaint.blogspot is now ellenpaints.blogspot.
For continuity, I am rewriting my last coffeepaint posts here:

time for change (oct 16, 2009)
OK.....I have decided to change my blog name. What was once Coffeepaint is now shePAINTS. I wanted a name that would reflect my intentions as an artist.

After too much stress during this past year, which left me preferring to hide at home and play solitaire and read books and watch endless reruns of my favorite programs, I have been gently prodded into action by friends who love me more than I deserve.

We tentatively have a small, one-day group art show scheduled near the end of November. Details to follow....

I protested that I had no work to contribute, nor did I have anything in mind to do. But these girls are my friends for a reason, and I have been given suitable encouragement--I will set forth to participate with gusto.
Maybe I'll even paint something.

time for change--part 2 (oct 18,2009)
I thought changing a blog name was a simple task, that if I changed the name on the setting of this blog, the name was changed. But the 'coffeepaint' name remains the name on the active search. When I searched for shePAINTS I was directed to another site, not mine. So, since 'shepaints' is taken, I'll now use 'ellenpaints'.....so.....that's settled. However, this doesn't solve the problem of the search name. I have no choice but to start a new blog all over.
I invite my faithful coffeepaint readers to join me at 'ellenpaints.blogspot.com'
P.S. Please take the time to read my dozen or so Coffeepaint blogs. They'll give good background to this blog.

No comments: