Thursday, March 18, 2010

left turn at the next exit

You know how sometimes, you just go through the motions of life--generally being not particularly aware of time passing, and then suddenly out of nowhere a curve ball (no...an asteroid!) hits and your life takes on a new course?
Well....so it is. I suddenly (yes, it was that quick) find that the Lord God has decided that Sweetie-pie-love-of-my-life and I should leave the city we've raised our sons in and lived in for most of our lives to move to the Dinosaur capital of Canada.
I'm soooo excited! I can't wait. We move from a community with a population of 1.2 million to one of 6,000. I called the post office there and immediately got a human being on the phone. Wow. I expected to be greeted by a recorded message  that would guide me through way-too-many options only to be frustrated because there is no 'change your address' option.
The biggest news on the town paper's front page was whether the main street should stay with diagonal parking or change to parallel parking. I can't wait.
The Lord God provided a job for Sweetie-pie-love-of-my-life, and we found a great house that has--gasp--a studio for me that is more than twice the size of my current studio! If anything will jump start my art career, it is having room to move!
The only thing is that we still have to do is sell our house here. We're trusting that that will happen too.
Soon, I hope.

No comments: